Cue My Ride is an innovative way to use movement disorder data to help individuals with Parkinson's stay active.
- Cue My Ride runs on your iPhone and Apple Watch and connects to any Bluetooth enabled indoor cycling bike. It guides you through an indoor cycling session tailored to reduce Parkinson's symptoms and tracks Movement Disorder data (tremor and Parkinson's specific dyskinesia) so profile and exercise methods that work best can be used to reduce symptoms.
- “Forced-rate Exercise" cycling has been found to reduce or delay symptoms of rid-ers with Parkinson’s Disease (PD riders). (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3634143/)
- Existing indoor cycling classes for PD riders use strict thresholds for cadence andgear but monitoring these thresholds for more than a few class participants is chal- lenging and the “one size fits all” cadence and load threshold is not effective for all PD riders.
- Cue My Ride presents an indoor cycling session - including music, vocal cues and working zones for intensity, Watts and RPM - that produces the forced-rate exercise most helpful in reducing or delaying Parkinson's symptoms. It also monitors tremors and Parkinson's specific movement dyskinesias before and after the workout so a rider can choose a profile and workout method that works best
- Cue My Ride calculates unique RPM & Watt thresholds (frequency & force) for each participant and each ride so every workout can have maximum effect.
- Riders are guided by instructional emojis called CoachMojis which provide simple up/down guidance for gear and cadence to produce a maximal dopamine response with minimal risk of injury or unproductive speed. If RPM goes beyond the useful threshold, a cursing emoji is displayed and the rider's score gets a deduction.
- As the ride progresses, three types of points are accumulated. Yellow points are sim- ilar to a traditional calorie count. Orange points indicate expected Endorphin re- sponse and Red points indicate expected Dopamine response. Comparing these performance points to the before/after tremor and dyskinesia data allows a rider to be specific in choosing a ride profile that is best to reduce their symptoms.
- Ride graphs show tremor and dyskinesia readings before and after the ride along with the rider's performance data and the change in symptoms to give riders solid data regarding their reduced symptoms.